AcroSports just keeps on growing! To keep up with our ever-expanding staffing needs, we
have developed a NEW position and are currently seeking qualified candidates for the
position detailed below:
- Work hours: 15 - 20 hours/wk; up to 40 hours in weeks leading up to scheduled
productions. Potential to work additional hours listed below in “Additional
- Reports to Executive Director and works closely with the Management Team.
- Compensation: $25/hour
- Benefits: accrual of SF Sick Leave and quarterly health care contributions; free
training time & access to AcroSports classes & clinics.
- Set to begin September 1, 2017.
The main objectives of the Production Director are:
- To cultivate a thriving environment for personal and community transformation
through collaborative, youth, adult, and staff engagement in circus arts and physical
- To successfully oversee logistics for all performances, from initial planning stages
through completion and post-mortem.
- To provide as many formal and informal performance opportunities in as many
circus arts skills available to the organization.
Production Director Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage arrangements for all performance events, productions, and appearances.
On-site performances primarily consist of the AcroSports Youth Arts Showcases
(2x/year) and Staff/Adult Student Cabaret (2x/year), as well as the CircusLab End
of Year Show and other on and offsite performance opportunities as they arise.
- holding auditions, casting and contracting performers, technical staff &
musicians, MCs for Youth Arts Showcase, Cabaret and other events:
- tech design
- managing and scheduling volunteers
- collaborating w/Marketing Dept to promote and sell event
- Ticketing and front of house
- Directing and/or bringing on guest choreographers, directors
- Event planning - organize and manage concessions, decorations and set-up
**Note that in May 2018, AcroSports’ 25 th Anniversary Gala will replace two of the usual
slated performances for that time of year.
- Works with Managers and Head Coaches of each program (PreK, Youth &
Performance, Adult, Offsite) to provide as many formal and informal performance
opportunities in as many circus arts skills available to the organization.
- Handle all communications with families, students and staff regarding the show
dates and rehearsal schedules.
- Serve as first point of contact for Youth performances, including all AcroSports
marketing events and other opportunities to highlight AcroSports’ Youth
Performance Ensemble, CircusLab.
- Develop and manage a booking system that provides paid performance
opportunities for staff and adult students.
- Serve as first point of contact for external inquiries for offsite performances, and
managing or delegating communication and coordination of shows.
- Meet with Executive Director monthly for progress report & future planning.
- Attend at least one Wednesday Managers’ Meeting per month to keep Management
Team apprised of your needs & activities.
- Maintain working knowledge of operation and maintenance of AcroSports
equipment including aerial rigging, portable aerial rig and other circus equipment.
- Stay up to date with greater circus performance community. Attend shows and
participate in events.
- Seek out opportunities for Performance Program development, including alternate
performance/rehearsal locations, grant funding and in-kind donations.
- Coaching circus/performance classes in Youth & Performance and Adult Program
-Coach summer Circus/Clown Specialty Camps
- Develop the framework for a summer tour performance program, to be launched in
1 - 2 years.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to AcroSports Executive Director, Dorrie
Huntington, firstname.lastname@example.org. Accepting applications until position is filled, with a
target start date of September 1 st .
AcroSports is an EOE employer committed to a diverse work force; ALL qualified applicants
are encouraged to apply.
Preschool Gymnastics coach needed!
We are a non-profit recreational gymnastics and urban circus arts facility whose mission is to serve the community through the physical arts. The preschool program is our largest program and serves several hundred students per week.
A part-time position is open starting immediately with training. Hours are weekdays and weekends, 5 hours/week. Further substitute hours will also be available on an ongoing basis as needed.
We are looking for an upbeat, enthusiastic, caring individual who has experience working with children under 6 and is familiar with gymnastics, dance, and other physical arts. The job involves maintaining a safe, fun environment for learning, teaching fundamental gymnastics & social skills, and encouraging students' confidence and joy in physical feats.
Please send resume by email to email@example.com or stop in to fill out an application. No calls please.
Mission and Values
AcroSports is a non-profit organization with a rich history of serving the San Francisco Bay Area community. Since 1993, AcroSports has provided physical fitness programs for students of all ages and remains at the forefront of gymnastics, aerial training, circus and urban arts. We have the honorable distinction of being the only Urban Circus training center in the United States.
Our unique history, culture and esteemed reputation attract talented individuals in acrobatics, gymnastics, parkour, board sports, breakdance, capoeira, urban circus and aerial arts. AcroSports not only provides “flexible” growth for its employees, but also a culture of collaboration, open communication and a fun work environment.
AcroSports is an EOE employer committed to a diverse workforce.
ALL qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.